Ok. So I told you yesterday that we were pretty ambitious when it comes to projects around our farm: projects that both directly benefit the farm and some that just benefit the owners of the farm! Hehe!
So, here they are, in no particular order, projects I want to accomplish:
1. Make butter. No, I don’t plan on making it all the time as we don’t have a cow. However, I’d like to be able to MASTER the art of making it.
2. Get my small baking business some coverage and have that take off.
3. Build a new chicken coop.
4. Put new roof on the green house so that I am able to utilize the darn thing!
5. Get all our vehicles fixed and ready to go! (We have about 3 project cars going right now)
6. Start hatching the majority of our own chicks: mainly Jersey Giants.
7. Make raised rows in the garden.
8. Get the garden planner finished for 2014.
9. Bring in topsoil.
10. Start seeds both indoors and out.
11. Finish the porch.
12. Finish putting the trim on the house and paint it.
13. Backsplash up in the kitchen.
14. Add another bath to the house.
15. Outside shower.
16. Paint and refinish my outdoor sink and make an outdoor canning/food prep area.
17. Grow TONS of tomatoes and make fresh, homemade salsa, tomato sauce, etc.
18. Breed the pigs.
19. Make organic chicken feed (and pig).
20. Watering system in the garden.
21. Finish all the little projects I have started, including adding the rest of the rocks to my flower bed!!!
I know! It’s a pretty dang long list! And yes, MOST of them, I’d like to accomplish this year! Like what, you ask? I know, you like to read the details! 🙂
As you can tell from the list, several things have to get done ASAP, such as purchasing the topsoil, making the raised rows in the garden, getting the garden plan finished, planting and starting seeds (that will get done mostly this week and next). Of course, one of the main things do this year is start making and using our own organic chicken feed. I still have to do some research to find out where I can buy all the ingredients around here. I’m not too crazy about buying all of that on Amazon!
We have been thinking about a watering system for several years for the garden, so this will be the year that actually gets done! I’m so dang excited! NO MORE sprinklers to worry about!
Our new chicken coop is in the works as well. We hope to have plans and concrete poured sometime this spring! Hopefully, it will be complete by the end of summer! And I’m really hoping it doesn’t take THAT long!!
Of course, I’d LOVE to have all these done this year (and I’m sure there are many other things around the house/farm that I will discover I need to do this year, too!) but I am trying to be realistic and not get my hopes too high, as I know it’s Murphy’s Law that when you plan something, it never works out with plan A! Luckily, I have a plan B, C, and D, too!
Any good ideas, inputs on your dream coop??? Share them with me!
Until next time, happy farming!